Viola Valley Dogs - pissed customer won't let me sign on

Dec 04, 2009
review #163593

I forgot my pass word and pissed customer will not accept the replacement they sent me.

The only thing I am REALLY PISSED about is VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS. sold me a mutt for $300.00. he was supposed to be a yorkie. So unless you have money to burn stay away from VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS in warren co.

since I have to have 100 words, stay away from Violla Valley dogs. emily and linda will meet you in lowes parking lot and smilling take your money and give you a mutt for $300.00 BOYOTT VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS. SAVE YOUR MONEY

c2c4a0d
Had an experience with Viola Valley Dogs?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
KARA HELTON

Jul 19, 2011

lINDA COURSEY IS A GOOD AND NICE PERSON , AND TO DO WHAT SHE DOES RESCUING DOGS AND TAKING THEM IN AND TAKING CARE OF THEM AND FINDING THEM HOMES THAT TAKES A SPECIAL PERSON . THIS PERSON THAT SAYS SHE WANTED A YORKIE SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A BREEDER , AND ALSO I LIVE IN VIOLA AND YOU NEED TO QUIT DOWNING MY TOWN LADY AND QUIT DOWNING VVD ALSO , COME ON DOWN TO VIOLA AND TELL US WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IN YOU EMAILS COME SAY THE SAME *** TO OUR FACE ! WE DONT TAKE KINDLY TO PEOPLE DISRESPECTING US !

Emily

Jun 15, 2011

Cobraqueen...are you the one who posted the original post to this? You are an ***...you never met me anywhere..I don't even live in TN anymore. Obviously you are not familiar with the way rescue's work. I ought to put your name on a no adopt list.

Linda Coursey

May 02, 2011

The DA telphone no. is 931-473-9572 and her name is Liza Zavogiannis and also the phone no. for Sheriff Matheny is 931-473-7863 if anyone would like to check on Viola Valley Dogs, Inc.

The only people who do work with Viola Valley Dogs is Ralph and Linda Coursey. Several volunteers help with fund raisers and help with adoption when we set up. All expenses are paid by donations, adoptions, and Ralph and Linda Coursey.

Please feel free to check us out with the phone numbers above.

Anonymous Adopter

Mar 30, 2011

I have had personal dealings with Linda and Viola Valley dogs. She is NOT an honest person and I learned this first hand. The DA's office has been investigating her for some time.

JCurt24

Sep 29, 2010

In no way shape or form would Linda do anything to cheat anyone. She probably loves the dogs there even more than I love some people in this world...seriously. There is little/no money in the business of running a shelter and you have to do it because of passion and the cause.

Also, if you wanted a pure bred, go to a breeder. When they are puppies and they are just dropped off at a rescue with no way to tell what breed they are, an educated guess is as good as it gets. And Linda is as qualified as anyone!

I can't recommend her and Viola Valley Dogs more and I tell people about them all the time. We adopted our first dog from there and are actually heading down in another week to adopt another one from her! We couldn't be more excited and satisfied with her service, description and the work that her and her team does.

Thank you so much Linda. See you soon!

Kenziesmom

Sep 28, 2010

Anyone who would complain about someone who saves the lives of hundreds of dogs each year because they are upset they wanted a small designer dog and didn't get one---didn't deserve a dog in the first place. Descriptions of a mixed bred puppy are guesses, as clearly no one could tell exactly what the dog will look like as an adult. If you love your dog the way that she/he loves you (unconditionally) then you wouldn't care what it looks like. $300 is a small price to pay for the dog since you are helping maintain the shelter that saved your dog in the first place. I love my VVD dog who may or may not be pure bred but is perfect. If this is the biggest problem in your life you need a serious reality check. Thanks Linda for all you do!

Voniece

Sep 02, 2010

Check out Zootoo.com and see comment about Linda and Viola Valley Dogs. She and the people who help her are great.

adopter

Aug 23, 2010

I\'ve adopted from VVD too and found that Linda is in it to help the dogs, not the people. You wanted to adopt this dog and thats what you got--why are you complaining? You say you don\'t want to give the dog back, and it\'s now healthy and happy, so what is the problem? On the east coast mutt puppies are going for upwards of $300 You got a great family companion so bashing someone online because why? you look like an a$$ now and do rescues no justice by being sour about one adoption where you got what you wanted. If the dog was purebred then what would be the difference to you? She can only tell you what the original owners said and what she thinks the dog is. She told you the dog is probably a mix. You owe her an apology and delete your negative postings!

Another Foster Home for Viola

Aug 23, 2010

I have been fostering for Linda for 4? years now or so...I generally take in the most special needs dogs (deaf, blind, missing limbs, missing eyes, behavioral issues, seniors, diabetics, etc.) You obviously SAW the dog before you adopted, by picture and in person...if you were at all unsatisfied or concerned about it's breed or purity, THAT was the time to voice your concerns, not in a public forum before you've addressed them directly to her and given her a chance to make things right. I know that when I adopt out a dog, the adoption fee goes directly to vet expenses (for me, there are TONS) food, medications on hand, supplies, and shots almost immediately...so there is no way I can refund an adoption fee. Those fees are what allow me to take in other animals and keep them healthy. I'm sorry your experience with adoption did not go as you'd hoped, but unfortunately, from my view point...you contributed FAR more to it than Linda did.

happymommy

Aug 03, 2010

sounds like someone looking for a cheap dog and by their written words proves to be a cheap person. instead of being ugly next time leave a multitude of alternitive rescue sites. however you do not sound as if you wanted to help an orphan, just yourself. yes, i have a sweet little girl from VVD and if anything youve helped VVD by bringing so many of us with big hearts and rescude babies out to share our love and support for the great job VVD does to save animals that might not have had a life without them.

Gay Roberts

Jul 31, 2010

I adopted a miniature schnauzer from Linda. Having adopted a dog from SCMR, I knew that this little dog could be mixed or purebred. I could have bought a purebred (which Abbie is)with papers from a breeder for the same money I paid for Abbie. But the idea of a rescue is to take a dog who needs a home and give it love. Abbie is everything I could have hoped for. I did fill out an application on line. Linda was easy to deal with and did not guarantee anything. If you want papers, go to a breeder but if you only want love, adopt. The money paid for the rescue is used to help another animal who otherwise would be destroyed. I found Linda to be honorable and very caring.

cobraqueen

Jun 23, 2010

Linda, i certinally wish I had not adopted him from You either and if you "FEAR' for him you should have asked questions when i saw him. By the way, He is now very Healty(as per my Vet) and VERY happy, and you would not get him back for a million dollars. Since I have adopted him, he is healthy, happy and now well adjusted, which he was NOT WHEN i GOT HIM. Will I ever give you a good recommendation, NOT AS LONG AS I LIVE.

cobra queen

Jun 22, 2010

to ANNOYMOUS
I HOPE YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF AN *** YOU SOUND. IT'S NICE YOU CAN JUDGE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS. DOES THIS MEAN YOU ARE PYSIC :? AND BY THE WAY THERE WAS NO APPLICATION FILLED OUT,i DO HAVE A YARD, i DO HAVE A VERT AND i DO NOW HAVE A YORKIE ALONF WITH DUFUS.

pure bred

Jun 22, 2010

Had I wanted a pure bred I would have gone to a breeder. But I wanted a rescue to save a dogs life, what i did want was an HONEST description of the dog. I wanted a SMALL dog, not one so large I can hardly pick him up. So alL you nice folks who are so quick to critize me, when you have no idea what yOu are talking about except what you read, as per Linda, I really don't care, I still say and will allways say I GOT SCREWED BY VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS.

Tommy Spratlin

Jun 06, 2010

We adopted a Cocker Spaniel mix from Linda & VVD Dec. 20,2009, and are more than satisfied. He is a great dog and gets along well with our other two dogs who are also rescues. Rescue groups and Petfinder describe dogs by breed as a generalization, not as purebreds. I believe Linda's response 100%. Anyone who wants to buy a purebred dog will search out a breeder, check references, and expect to pay top dollar for a dog with guaranteed blood lines and certifications and guarantees against hereditary/congenital problems like hip dysplasia, heart problems, etc. You don't expect this from a rescue - you go to a rescue to save an animal from being killed. I believe Linda was completely honest and forthcoming with all the information she had. We live in Georgia & drove to Tenn. to get our dog from Linda and it was worth it. He had some fleas and sarcoptic mange in one ear, but things like that are to be expected with rescues, especially puppies, and we took care of it - no big deal. He was just neutered , but I would rather Linda keep the deposit and use it for the rescue than to send it back to us. It takes a lot of money and dedication to operate a rescue. The person complaining was trying to get a purebred "on the cheap" without doing any thinking or using any common sense. The complaint against VVD is completely unwarranted and a case of "sour grapes" from a bitter person who is trying to tarnish the good name of Linda Coursey and Viola Valley Dogs.

Jay

Apr 10, 2010

So you bought a yorkie for 300.00 so what is the complaint DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE PRICE'S OF YORKIE'S ARE!

Annonymus

Apr 10, 2010

Lindia has a great rescue program with Viola Valley Dogs, you should have understood before adopting the pet it was a rescue and not blamb anyone else when it wasn't what you expected it to be, there is no way Lindia could know everything about it since she wasn't the owner and only rescued it hoping to find it a forever home.

Viola Dogs Foster Parent

Apr 10, 2010

I have been a foster parent for VVD for about 3 yrs. Anyone who adopts from a rescue should understand that they are getting a dog that may not be full blooded. This rescue does it's best to screen adoptive owners and unfortunately sometimes we allow people to adopt that we should not. This person obviously should have gone to a breeder if she wanted to be sure of the breed. There are thousands of animals in need of good homes, and rescues do their best find them for their animals. I regret that this person got a rescued animal and wish that they would give us an opportunity to place the dog into a home that would love it without pedigree papers. Just this week I saw a Yorkie for $1,000. and would be glad to forward that address on to this person if they have their heart set on pedigree only.

Linda Coursey

Apr 10, 2010

This lady contacted me about a Yorkie I had posted on petfinder. The person who surrendered the dog said it was a Yorkie that would be the bigger Yorkie. This older lady contacted me and said she had just lost her yorkie and wanted one that would be bigger. I had to attend a funeral that morning so I met her and told her I would meet her in McMinnville and she said she knew where Lowe's was, so I told her I would meet her there. I took the dog to the vet, Dr. Malone, before I went to the funeral and got his rabies and parvo/distemper. They thought he was very pretty. He was washed before I left home. When I meet the woman she like him and I told her I was not sure if he was full blooded and she even said he looked like he had Schanazer in him. I did not force the lady to adopt him and did not hear anything until I got a letter from the Better Business Bureau and they said I did not have to reply. About a month ago she send me an email and said she wanted her $300 back and I could have the dog and she had not got him neutered that it was my responsibility to do that. He was a puppy and my vets will not do that so I charged a $25 neuter depoist which is required by law and after proof of neuter the deposit would be refunded. I wish the lady had not adopted the dog, because I fear for him. I am a rescue and she should have gone to a breeder if she wanted a pure breed.

Annonymous

Mar 31, 2010

I hope you realize how much of an *** you sound

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Viola Valley Dogs.
Filing a new complaint about
×