Young Lady tried to steal a dog from Viola Valley Dogs.

Spring Hill, Tennessee 0 comments

The whole story is not told here. An adoption was approved but the people decided not to adopt.

No contract was signed and she asked to foster a few days and see if it would work out. She then refused to let Viola Valley Dogs, Inc. take back the Doberman which was rightfully theirs and demanded it be turned over to a Doberman Rescue. Viola Valley Dogs had to take the Deputy Sheriff to the home to get the dog returned to our rescue.

The person tried to steal a dog that was rescued by Viola Valley Dogs. The Doberman was sent to the vet to be put down because it had an objected lodged in its stomach. Viola Valley Dogs was the only committed person to saving this dog. I worked hard Saturday and Sunday to raise the vet's fee of $1,170 to give the vet on Monday.

This person started on me wanting to adopt and was a friend of the vet tech who contacted me to save the dog. The vet tech wanted me to let this person to adopt and said she would make a wonderful home. The vet tech's mom also said the same. I also got another reference on this young lady.

She picked Simon up for me on Saturday because I was transporting puppies to another rescue. I stopped back by her house after returning home and she was already saying she was not sure they could keep him and wanted to foster a few days. I believe this was planned from the beginning, and she thought she could get away with it. Simon is beginning foster by a wonderful family and working with him because he is a very hyper dog and needs working with before he can be adopted by anyone.

I never wanted to rush an adoption on him and will not adopt him until he has settled down. This girl was a theft.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss other product. Viola Valley Dogs needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned other product in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Viola Valley Dogs.

Viola Valley Dogs - ADOPTERS BEWARE - This is not a reputable rescue!

Mcminnville, Tennessee 1 comment

This rescue has been in trouble for selling puppies in parking lots as well as adopting mature dogs out that have yet to be spayed or neutered. This is a violation of their 501c3 rules. Contact Warren County Humane society for more information regarding these incidents.

The spokesperson for this rescue has also openly admitted to housing 100+ dogs inside of her actual home in addition to several more dogs in her "puppy building" and numerous other outdoor kennels for her "older and un-adoptable dogs".

This rescue has also openly denied help from other highly regarded AKC rescues to place some of her animals in perfect, per-screened and vet approved homes. She has instead opted to keep said animals in boarding kennels because she doesn't have any other room for them until her petfinder ads get a hit because she's "been doing rescue for 13 years. If they can find him a home, so can I."

When you allow you ego to get in the way of an animal's perfect forever, you are no longer doing them any justice or "rescuing" said animal and have therefore, failed them.

Always check rescues before purchasing from a breeder. There are countless reputable rescues to deal with. This is NOT one of them.

This person wrote the review because of "unprofessional and " of viola valley dogs rescue shelter from Viola Valley Dogs. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Viola Valley Dogs to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Viola Valley Dogs for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

#1120448

The person who wrote this is a thief and got caught. Viola Valley Dogs has been in rescue for 13 years and placed most of the dogs and puppies into other rescue.

These people were wanting a pure breed and got caught trying to steal.

Viola Valley Dogs - Not providing true adoption assistance

Columbia, Tennessee 0 comments

Beware. True "rescue" people always have the dog's best interest at heart.

When given the option of contacting a 401K well known breed specific rescue in order to allow them to start the process to take a dog that was not working out in a new placement to a pre-approved home, the spokesperson for this group chose instead to take the dog back, board him in a kennel until she could find 'her own home' because she's 'been doing this for years and if they can find him a home she sure can' (again, best interest of the dog or ego??). Refusal to even speak to the other rescue does not in any way show concern or compassion for the dog. Other reviews concerning this incident with screenshots may be provided for credibility.

Hopefully they will reconsider and contact the other rescue. Sad situation for a wonderful dog.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "best interest of the dog is not being met" of other product. Viola Valley Dogs needs to "contact the other adoption agency and at minimum have a dialogue with them regarding the home they have available!" according to poster's claims.

Viola Valley Dogs - Viola Valley Dog Rescue should have a return policy

Cookeville, Tennessee 2 comments

I rescue dogs and cat and find homes for them for free, and if the family is not happy with the dog or cat, I pick it back up and find another home. If you pay $300 for a dog that you are not happy with, the dog is not going to be happy either, so the people should get their money back and the rescue should find a home that wants the dog!!

The purpose of rescue is to place a dog in a happy home with a loving family, and if the people do not get the dog they want, the dog will not be happy either because it is not wanted. Dogs know when they are not wanted.

This person wrote the review because of "dogs need to be wanted and loved" at Viola Valley Dogs. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Viola Valley Dogs to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Viola Valley Dogs return policy for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

The people adopted the puppy in 2009 and contacted me in first part of 2010. The dog should be approximately 6 years old by now. Crazy people.

Maybe the people should not wait until it is grown and decide they don't want it anymore. I know of no rescue who will refund the adoption fee after someone has had the puppy until it is grown and decide it is not what they wanted.

I would take the dog back but will not refund. This site will post anything.

I have tried to contact someone with this site but have failed to reach anyone.

I LOVE VIOLA VALLEY DOGS

Clemson, South Carolina 1 comment

I adopted a puppy from viola valley dogs and got not what I went after but got what I needed.Linda is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met.It says alot about a person who's heart is so big.I can not believe the gaul of some people go to a rescue shelter to get a full blooded DOG. GO TO A BREEDER.I got a pit instead of a spaniel but the thing is is she is a very good dog.If you want a pure bred dog go to a breeder. Not a rescue shelter.

Review about: Rescue Shelter.

Comments

Thanks Donna. I know your dog got a good home. This site will post anything and no one even checks it out.

Viola Valley Dogs - Pissed customer won't let me sign on

Smithville, Tennessee 21 comments

I forgot my pass word and pissed customer will not accept the replacement they sent me.

The only thing I am REALLY PISSED about is VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS. sold me a mutt for $300.00. he was supposed to be a yorkie. So unless you have money to burn stay away from VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS in warren co.

since I have to have 100 words, stay away from Violla Valley dogs. emily and linda will meet you in lowes parking lot and smilling take your money and give you a mutt for $300.00 BOYOTT VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS. SAVE YOUR MONEY

Review about: Breeder Scam.

Granbury, Texas, United States #1100974

This is a rescue facility not a breeder. They do their best to identify the mixed breeds.

Any cost associated with the need to get the dog healthy enough to be placed has to be passed on to maintain this shelter.

Viola Valley Dogs is a caring and loving facility. I know that they have personally retrieved dogs that were placed and it was determined they were mistreated by the adopting family.

lINDA COURSEY IS A GOOD AND NICE PERSON , AND TO DO WHAT SHE DOES RESCUING DOGS AND TAKING THEM IN AND TAKING CARE OF THEM AND FINDING THEM HOMES THAT TAKES A SPECIAL PERSON . THIS PERSON THAT SAYS SHE WANTED A YORKIE SHOULD HAVE WENT TO A BREEDER , AND ALSO I LIVE IN VIOLA AND YOU NEED TO QUIT DOWNING MY TOWN LADY AND QUIT DOWNING VVD ALSO , COME ON DOWN TO VIOLA AND TELL US WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IN YOU EMAILS COME SAY THE SAME *** TO OUR FACE ! WE DONT TAKE KINDLY TO PEOPLE DISRESPECTING US !

Cobraqueen...are you the one who posted the original post to this? You are an ***...you never met me anywhere..I don't even live in TN anymore.

Obviously you are not familiar with the way rescue's work. I ought to put your name on a no adopt list.

The DA telphone no. is 931-473-9572 and her name is Liza Zavogiannis and also the phone no. for Sheriff Matheny is 931-473-7863 if anyone would like to check on Viola Valley Dogs, Inc.

The only people who do work with Viola Valley Dogs is Ralph and Linda Coursey. Several volunteers help with fund raisers and help with adoption when we set up. All expenses are paid by donations, adoptions, and Ralph and Linda Coursey.

Please feel free to check us out with the phone numbers above.

I have had personal dealings with Linda and Viola Valley dogs. She is NOT an honest person and I learned this first hand. The DA's office has been investigating her for some time.

#195366

In no way shape or form would Linda do anything to cheat anyone. She probably loves the dogs there even more than I love some people in this world...seriously. There is little/no money in the business of running a shelter and you have to do it because of passion and the cause.

Also, if you wanted a pure bred, go to a breeder. When they are puppies and they are just dropped off at a rescue with no way to tell what breed they are, an educated guess is as good as it gets. And Linda is as qualified as anyone!

I can't recommend her and Viola Valley Dogs more and I tell people about them all the time. We adopted our first dog from there and are actually heading down in another week to adopt another one from her! We couldn't be more excited and satisfied with her service, description and the work that her and her team does.

Thank you so much Linda. See you soon!

#195174

Anyone who would complain about someone who saves the lives of hundreds of dogs each year because they are upset they wanted a small designer dog and didn't get one---didn't deserve a dog in the first place. Descriptions of a mixed bred puppy are guesses, as clearly no one could tell exactly what the dog will look like as an adult.

If you love your dog the way that she/he loves you (unconditionally) then you wouldn't care what it looks like. $300 is a small price to pay for the dog since you are helping maintain the shelter that saved your dog in the first place. I love my VVD dog who may or may not be pure bred but is perfect.

If this is the biggest problem in your life you need a serious reality check. Thanks Linda for all you do!

Check out Zootoo.com and see comment about Linda and Viola Valley Dogs. She and the people who help her are great.

I\'ve adopted from VVD too and found that Linda is in it to help the dogs, not the people. You wanted to adopt this dog and thats what you got--why are you complaining?

You say you don\'t want to give the dog back, and it\'s now healthy and happy, so what is the problem? On the east coast mutt puppies are going for upwards of $300 You got a great family companion so bashing someone online because why? you look like an a$$ now and do rescues no justice by being sour about one adoption where you got what you wanted. If the dog was purebred then what would be the difference to you?

She can only tell you what the original owners said and what she thinks the dog is.

She told you the dog is probably a mix. You owe her an apology and delete your negative postings!

I have been fostering for Linda for 4? years now or so...I generally take in the most special needs dogs (deaf, blind, missing limbs, missing eyes, behavioral issues, seniors, diabetics, etc.) You obviously SAW the dog before you adopted, by picture and in person...if you were at all unsatisfied or concerned about it's breed or purity, THAT was the time to voice your concerns, not in a public forum before you've addressed them directly to her and given her a chance to make things right.

I know that when I adopt out a dog, the adoption fee goes directly to vet expenses (for me, there are TONS) food, medications on hand, supplies, and shots almost immediately...so there is no way I can refund an adoption fee.

Those fees are what allow me to take in other animals and keep them healthy. I'm sorry your experience with adoption did not go as you'd hoped, but unfortunately, from my view point...you contributed FAR more to it than Linda did.

sounds like someone looking for a cheap dog and by their written words proves to be a cheap person. instead of being ugly next time leave a multitude of alternitive rescue sites.

however you do not sound as if you wanted to help an orphan, just yourself. yes, i have a sweet little girl from VVD and if anything youve helped VVD by bringing so many of us with big hearts and rescude babies out to share our love and support for the great job VVD does to save animals that might not have had a life without them.

I adopted a miniature schnauzer from Linda. Having adopted a dog from SCMR, I knew that this little dog could be mixed or purebred.

I could have bought a purebred (which Abbie is)with papers from a breeder for the same money I paid for Abbie. But the idea of a rescue is to take a dog who needs a home and give it love. Abbie is everything I could have hoped for. I did fill out an application on line.

Linda was easy to deal with and did not guarantee anything. If you want papers, go to a breeder but if you only want love, adopt.

The money paid for the rescue is used to help another animal who otherwise would be destroyed. I found Linda to be honorable and very caring.

Linda, i certinally wish I had not adopted him from You either and if you "FEAR' for him you should have asked questions when i saw him. By the way, He is now very Healty(as per my Vet) and VERY happy, and you would not get him back for a million dollars.

Since I have adopted him, he is healthy, happy and now well adjusted, which he was NOT WHEN i GOT HIM. Will I ever give you a good recommendation, NOT AS LONG AS I LIVE.

to ANNOYMOUS

I HOPE YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF AN *** YOU SOUND. IT'S NICE YOU CAN JUDGE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS. DOES THIS MEAN YOU ARE PYSIC :? AND BY THE WAY THERE WAS NO APPLICATION FILLED OUT,i DO HAVE A YARD, i DO HAVE A VERT AND i DO NOW HAVE A YORKIE ALONF WITH DUFUS.

Had I wanted a pure bred I would have gone to a breeder. But I wanted a rescue to save a dogs life, what i did want was an HONEST description of the dog.

I wanted a SMALL dog, not one so large I can hardly pick him up. So alL you nice folks who are so quick to critize me, when you have no idea what yOu are talking about except what you read, as per Linda, I really don't care, I still say and will allways say I GOT SCREWED BY VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS.

We adopted a Cocker Spaniel mix from Linda & VVD Dec. 20,2009, and are more than satisfied.

He is a great dog and gets along well with our other two dogs who are also rescues. Rescue groups and Petfinder describe dogs by breed as a generalization, not as purebreds. I believe Linda's response 100%. Anyone who wants to buy a purebred dog will search out a breeder, check references, and expect to pay top dollar for a dog with guaranteed blood lines and certifications and guarantees against hereditary/congenital problems like hip dysplasia, heart problems, etc.

You don't expect this from a rescue - you go to a rescue to save an animal from being killed. I believe Linda was completely honest and forthcoming with all the information she had. We live in Georgia & drove to Tenn. to get our dog from Linda and it was worth it.

He had some fleas and sarcoptic mange in one ear, but things like that are to be expected with rescues, especially puppies, and we took care of it - no big deal. He was just neutered , but I would rather Linda keep the deposit and use it for the rescue than to send it back to us. It takes a lot of money and dedication to operate a rescue.

The person complaining was trying to get a purebred "on the cheap" without doing any thinking or using any common sense. The complaint against VVD is completely unwarranted and a case of "sour grapes" from a bitter person who is trying to tarnish the good name of Linda Coursey and Viola Valley Dogs.

So you bought a yorkie for 300.00 so what is the complaint DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE PRICE'S OF YORKIE'S ARE!

Lindia has a great rescue program with Viola Valley Dogs, you should have understood before adopting the pet it was a rescue and not blamb anyone else when it wasn't what you expected it to be, there is no way Lindia could know everything about it since she wasn't the owner and only rescued it hoping to find it a forever home.

I have been a foster parent for VVD for about 3 yrs. Anyone who adopts from a rescue should understand that they are getting a dog that may not be full blooded.

This rescue does it's best to screen adoptive owners and unfortunately sometimes we allow people to adopt that we should not. This person obviously should have gone to a breeder if she wanted to be sure of the breed. There are thousands of animals in need of good homes, and rescues do their best find them for their animals. I regret that this person got a rescued animal and wish that they would give us an opportunity to place the dog into a home that would love it without pedigree papers.

Just this week I saw a Yorkie for $1,000. and would be glad to forward that address on to this person if they have their heart set on pedigree only.

This lady contacted me about a Yorkie I had posted on petfinder. The person who surrendered the dog said it was a Yorkie that would be the bigger Yorkie.

This older lady contacted me and said she had just lost her yorkie and wanted one that would be bigger. I had to attend a funeral that morning so I met her and told her I would meet her in McMinnville and she said she knew where Lowe's was, so I told her I would meet her there. I took the dog to the vet, Dr. Malone, before I went to the funeral and got his rabies and parvo/distemper.

They thought he was very pretty. He was washed before I left home. When I meet the woman she like him and I told her I was not sure if he was full blooded and she even said he looked like he had Schanazer in him. I did not force the lady to adopt him and did not hear anything until I got a letter from the Better Business Bureau and they said I did not have to reply.

I wish the lady had not adopted the dog, because I fear for him. I am a rescue and she should have gone to a breeder if she wanted a pure breed.

I hope you realize how much of an *** you sound

View more comments

Viola Valley Dogs - Violavalleydogs, screwed me good

Smithville, Tennessee 11 comments

I lost my beloved yorkie in an accident, and looking for another one found what was listed as a yorkie at VIOLA VALLEY DOGS of warren co. tennessee.

being part of pet finders I trusted them, I did not get a yorkie, I got a mutt for $300.00. I should have known it was a dirty deal when she wanted to meet in lowes parking lot in McMinvill, but dumb me trusted her and took the dog and paid her.

Got home and clipped part of his baby cot off and found I had a half starved mutt, with no people skills, starving and covered in fleas. Avoid them like the plague, unless you get recommendations and Call the recommendation.

Review about: Breeder Scam.

Comments

Dieganluv, who every you are, the 26 pages are adopted dogs.

why didn't she just post LOOKS LIKE YORKIE, BUT PARENTS UNKNOWN, this seem to have been the logical post, if she did not know the dog was a yorkie or not.

Horton, Alabama, United States #302419

We adoped our beloved dog, Wrigley, from VVD and we couldn't be happier. We drove an hour and a half to get to Linda's place and left that day with our puppy.

She had many dogs and puppies on the property, each in their own little penned area with fresh food and crystal clear water. These dogs are kept in GREAT conditions and are treated with love.

The litter had some fleas, but being dropped off on her porch - what would you expect?

Linda gave our puppy his shot right in front of us and we were on our way.

Since then, (2 years ago) we have done nothing BUT recommend our friends to VVD. GREAT experience.

Loved Linda's post back to the "yorkie complainer..." good for you Linda!

wow, Linda coursey has toooooo many animals to take care of and can't handle it. she has 26 pages on petfinder.com.

Also it's suspicious that she doesn't let people come out to her property maybe because of the unsanitary conditions the animals are in.

Really your not helping the animals when people adopt them and they are infested with fleas mange and ringworm. I doubt my toy poodle had ever been out of his kennel.

to dieganluv #606990

dont know were you got info... we went to property twice an got a big ole baby all these yrs later...

she gave her shots, an bathed her when we picked her up...

she was a fat little booger when we got her... some people kill me...

I adopted a miniature schnauzer from Linda. Abbie is purebred and everything I could have hoped for and more.

My vet has told me Abbie is the most beautiful puppy she has ever seen. Linda is a wonderful person and I would definitely deal with her again. I could have purchased from a breeder but I prefer to adopt.

Linda and I correspond with updates on Abbie. She is a very caring person.

I'm glad you are satisfied with the dog yu got from Violla Valley dogs. I was not looking for a pure bred, but I was looking something more than a muff I could have gotten from the humane Socity I still say I GOT SCREWED BY VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS.

THIS "YORKIE" I got now weights over 30 lbs or did when I had him newered and yes they will neuter any animal 3mo. or older.

I totally agree with her I WISH I HAD NOT ADOPDED HIM FROM HER. and will continue to say I GOT SCREWED BY VIOLLA VALLEY DOGS

nicky02

anything come of the voila valley rescue situation

to Tommy Spratlin #606992

Amen.....we got a beautiful loving baby from Linda.... she is one big ole baby.... an very healthy....

About a month ago she send me an email and said she wanted her $300 back and I could have the dog and she had not got him neutered that it was my responsibility to do that. He was a puppy and my vets will not do that so I charged a $25 neuter depoist which is required by law and after proof of neuter the deposit would be refunded. I wish the lady had not adopted the dog, because I fear for him.

I am a rescue and she should have got to a breeder if she wanted a pure breed.

Linda Coursey